Monday, August 9, 2010

Goals

August 5, 2010
So much has happened since I wrote last. Some things I’m really excited about. Some of these things I can not wait to share with all of you. It has been amazing how God has worked throughout the past few week. There are also things that have been tough. There are things there are confidential. And there are countless things that I have learned. Through it all I have been constantly reminded that God is here. He has made Himself known and evident.
In three weeks of camp, I feel as though I’ve learned more about youth ministry than I could have possibly learned in years sitting in a classroom. I’ve worked with adult staff in good times and bad times. I have spent time with students. We have laughed together and cried together. We have prayed with one another and for one another. We have come together in worship as a unified body. It has been absolutely amazing to see the ways God made himself known in so many of these situations.
During Middle School Week we set three goals for the week. It has become evident to me that if I want to continue to deepen my relationship with God these are goals I need to have for my life.
1. Pray like you’ve never prayed before.
2. Praise like you’ve never praised before.
3. Love each other. Encourage each other. Build one another up. And stand in unity.
I hope you may also take these goals to heart. They are already making a huge difference in my life and I know that if you commit to them, they will make a difference in your life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment