Thursday, September 30, 2010

Your Story...

Last Saturday I found myself sitting in another church sanctuary. I realize that this isn't a big shock for those of you who know me well. It is not uncommon for me to be sitting in a church any day of the week. However, this day was different. I slipped into the very last pew. Greeted very few. Found myself hiding close to the sound board. I was not in this place for the typical church service. I was here to pay my respects to local 16 year old Sawyer Peterman and his family.
As I sat in this room, filled with people ranging in age from young children to grandparents who were all hurting, I realized very quickly that if Jesus were walking the streets today this is probably the type of place you'd be most likely to find him. He would not be among those following all the rules. I don't think he would be in a church office. He would be found among the broken and hurting. He would be holding the hand of Sawyer's mother. Or playing ball with his little brother. This is the kind of Savior who amazes me over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment