Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Next

Today, December 8th I sit in my office as I have so many other days in the past 2 months. This day isn't overly different from any of those day, except for one thing. My time in this office will end in 4 days.
It is so hard to believe that 6 months has gone by so fast. And yet it feels as though it has last a lifetime as well. I am not the same person I was when I walked through this door the first time and for that I am extremely thankful. I have learned a lot and grown a lot. Not all of that has been easy, but it has all been part of a bigger plan.
Right now, my flesh is screaming that it wants to know what the next step in that bigger plan is. Yes I am returning to Johnson in a month. I will finish my final spring semester and I will graduate in May.
But then what? Its a question I have been asked numerous times over the past month. It is also a question that I don't have an answer to. As I said, my flesh is screaming for an answer, yet deep down in that quiet, still place in my soul I am being reminded that I don't need to know the next step. After all, its not really my plan anyway. I just get to play a part. And today, for that I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment