Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Not mine

Today, God is teaching me a hard lesson. While I'm sure I've heard it hundreds of times, I believe it may be setting in for the first time. Today, God is teaching me that my ministry is not mine. On the contrary, my ministry is His. You see God has given me time, talents, a location. He has supplied me with what I need to do what I do. He has also given me the ability to make my own choices, to screw up, to fall down. Now at first, this sounds terrible. Why would a great, all-powerful, loving God allow me to screw up a ministry that is not mine to begin with, but His. That is the moment where I stand in awe and amazement. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says, "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." You see it is in my weakness rather than my strength where God is so often seen. When I mess up, He shows up. And when I feel like its all falling apart, I am finally ready to let go and allow Him to take over. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do and I strive to do it with excellence. However, I am human. I will mess up. I will fall down. And there is something amazing and something freeing in the knowledge that when I do, God will still be there. His name will still be glorified. His message will still be shared. And most of all, He will still love me. So today, I am reminded that yes I do make mistakes. However, as I work to fix those mistakes, God is reminding me that He is still King and He is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment