Monday, October 25, 2010

Faith Like A Child

I absolutely love our daycare kids. For those of you who don’t know, the church where I am interning has a daycare that meets in our building five days a week. Because of this, we are constantly interacting with the kids in one way or another. Some days are better than others (you would believe how much the sound of a child crying can carry through a church building). However, I would not trade having them here. They constantly brighten my day. Last week, as my day was finishing up I began to hear a child singing. My office shares a wall with the men’s restroom. One of the little boys was in the restroom singing the national anthem. It was adorable.
Just a few moments ago, I walked out to the refrigerator to grab my lunch. As I did so, one of the daycare teachers said, “Let’s pray,” in preparation for their lunch. Instantly, about twenty little heads were bowed and hands were folded. It reminded me that we are called to have faith like a child. It is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment