Monday, June 14, 2010

Accident

So...I'm finally writing a post that I probably should have written a week ago, but my life has been a little bit crazy. For those of you who do not know yet, I was in a car accident on Friday June 4th. I was hit passenger side & my car spun into another car on the drivers side and then into the guardrail. Most people who have asked me about it, I think expect me to say how scared I was or something like that. But honestly, it all happened so quickly that I didn't have time to be scared. I didn't even see the truck coming before it hit me. Thankfully I was wearing a seat belt (as always), which kept me from being hurt much worse. I do have some nasty bruises from the seat belt and the cartilage that attaches my ribs to my sternum is bruised as well. That could take up to six weeks to heal. It was as though I was protected throughout the entire accident. I praise God for the ways that He works even when we don't understand.
My car on the other hand, did not fair so well. The passenger side of the vehicle took most of the damage as the place of initial impact. However, my driver's side rear door had some damage as well as the back window and bumper. Both the airbags went off and the passenger side of my windshield broke.
My grandparents on both sides have been very helpful in helping me to find a new car and figure all of that kind of stuff out. So my dad will be flying to Florida next week to bring my new vehicle home. Until then, I guess I'm still without a car, but I'm thankful for the many ways that God has blessed me through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment