Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ready...

Today is my third day in the office at BCC. This week has held a lot of introductions, schedule planning, and meetings. And inevitably, as I have begun this step in my life, I have been asked over and over about the next step. As graduation nears, I am continually asked what I plan to do after I am done with school
To be completely honest, this question scares me. When I graduated from high school, I had a plan. I knew I had been called into ministry. I knew that I wanted to attend Johnson Bible College. I knew what (at the very least) the next four years had in store for me. Now, don't get me wrong, I am still convinced of my calling. However, over the course of the three years that I have been at Johnson, I have also come to realize the many things that "ministry" encompasses. I would like to work with teens and I would like to be within a few hours of my parents. I think these desires are part of my inner wirings. Family is so important to me and I can't imagine continuing to live 10 hours away from them.
Yet, beyond these things, I am unsure of where God is calling me. This morning I sat reading some articles about the search and candidating process in ministry. The simple yet honest words of Steve Harling in Memoirs of a Move were reassuring. I was reminded that these decisions about ministry and direction are not ones that I am asked to make alone. God will guide me and be with me every step of the way.

"God, I'm ready now. Ready to get out of the boat of my comfort and security."

No comments:

Post a Comment