Monday, June 21, 2010

The small things

This past week was a little bit crazy. My days consisted mostly of working on stuff for Middle Week at Camp Epachiseca (which is almost here!), planning a few upcoming events, and doing some school work. My evenings were consumed by 6 kids between age 5 & 13 aka it was VBS week!
It was a busy week full of reminders of God's simple truths. Every year I seem to learn more from the children then I could ever attempt to teach them. It is amazing how God works.
My weekend didn't slow down much. I worked an 8 hour shift both Friday and Saturday night at DRs. By Sunday afternoon I was exhausted so a nap was on the agenda. But it was Sunday evening when God truly blessed me. I got to enjoy a family dinner on the deck with my parents. Then I got to spend some time with my second family, the Gerhardts. Hanging out and reading with Emilie was awesome. I love every moment I get to spend with Em & Chloe as well as the rest of the family. It is in these moments that I see God most clearly.

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see. ~John W Whitehead

No comments:

Post a Comment